January 25, 2011

DISHES 31-34... UPDATE

Oh my gosh! I have fallen so far behind in my recipe posting!!! I suppose it's a good sign that i am powering through them!! Here are a few more recipes I have always been interested to try out, and have finally made!! The first is Yoghurt Baked Lamb! I made a yoghurt marinade with greek yoghurt, chili, saffron, curry flavours, pepper, lemon etc and slathered it all over the leg of lamb, and baked it in the oven with some roast vegies. DELICIOUS! So tender! 




That was awesome! I also picked up a bunch of cool pasta from the Italian Deli, and decided to use the giant shells ad make stuffed pasta shell bake.



So I used ricotta, mashed potato, grated cooked carrot, salt, pepper, cooked diced onion, spinach, parsley, parmesan, 1 egg... and maybe a few other spices.. and filled the boiled shells with the mixture.

I then made a tomato sauce, and put a little on the bottom of a baking dish, and lined the shells up, then spooned the sauce over everything, and added a little more cheese (he he he) and baked for a bit...

I THEN used the Risoni to make this vego dish I've had my eye on for ages! It's artichoke, fennell and spinach risoni. So I left the quantities at home again (this is becoming a habit) but it was... butter, olive oil, fennell, onion, artichoke hearts, white wine, asparagus, spinach, 300ml cream, 1 tbsp dijon mustard, lemon. And of course Risoni pasta...


Pretty good, but it was lacking some OOMPH. So maybe if i make it again i need something a bit more POPPY in it!

Oh my gosh, my lovely cousin Bec sent me this book for Christmas. It has childhood memory recipes like toffee apples, musk sticks, candy hearts... amazing! So i started at recipe number 1... peanut brittle!


I got out my candy thermometer (never used) and set to work. Literally 20 minutes later i was staring at the finished product wondering what the hell i was worried about in the first place. Super easy, you just have to watch the temperature and add things at the right stages.




Bec said i should push some peanut brittle through the phone for her, it made me laugh :) The book is rad. Hopefully I will make some more awesome things from it... there is a recipe for Lollipops for crying out loud... LOLLIPOPPPSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! So those are dishes 31-34... tonight i am making number 35... a Japanese Dish, CANNOT WAAAIIITTTT woo woo woow ow wowowoowowowwowow

No comments:

Post a Comment