May 11, 2009

Daftly DIY: crap wall lettering

I decided I want some wall letters, but as I am so fussy and cheap I decided not to buy boring ones. I thought i could make better ones, in joined cursive and all!

Step 1. Get a big piece of thick cardboard and write your giant cursive letters on it

Step 2. Get a Stanley knife/box cutter and cut them out as rounded as possible (It was kinda funny that i was doing this while re-watching the final episode of Nip/Tuck season 3 with the "box" cutter- fans you know what i'm sayin...)

Step 3. Put double sided tape on the front of it, and glue as well for extra coverage, and lay it face-down onto some nice wrapping paper.

Step 4. Naturally i chose the hard way to do things, so because the cardboard was so thick i had to bring the wrapping paper over the sides too, otherwise it would look crap on the side-view. So i had to fold the paper over all the dips and curls of the cursive letters and stick it down with glue and sticky-tape. *sigh*


Here is where i am now...






Obviously it's for the bathroom, so I have maybe another night or two of gluing and then i will have the final PICTURE, YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! And here it is:



I used some "3M" mounting tape to stick these on, as they are quite light. I really want to put a big picture of a pin-up girl next to it, that'd be ace. But one slow step at a time ;) YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment