May 31, 2011

Spoiled Rotten!

Word recognition fail! I typed 'spoilt'... then changed to 'spoiled', now I don't even believe it's a word anymore. The point is that lately I have been spoiled in the food region! In the last few weeks, I have been invited for dinner 3 times :) Let's kick off with Josh's amazing parmesan and herb-crusted rack of lamb <3  



Served atop a bed of buttery mash, some roasted cherry tomatoes, garlic, and asparagus! My god it was brilliant! He followed that stellar effort up a few days later by making Paella!!


It was also amazing! He didn't use seafood, but that's ok cos my favourite bit is the chorizo anyway :D Also I was taking leftovers to work the following day for lunch and i didnt want stinky prawns in the microwave!

If that wasn't good enough, my dad invited me over for some home-cooked Lasagna a la Zack! I love trying people's lasagna because you never get 2 lasagnas the same! They are always so individual and ALWAYS delicious. You can't really fuck up a lasagna, can you? Anyway, here are some pics of the yummy dinner they put on for me:

Greeted with beer, nice touch :)

Bubbly lasagna top with basil leaf detail, another nice touch! 

Zack dishing up his creation


My first ever Golden Syrup Dumplings!


YUM!
The dumplings are kind of like donuts, cooked in a combination of Golden Syrup and sugar. We all felt a bit ill after eating them, that's fo sho! Needless to say, I was so full and satisfied after each dinner. There's always something special about being cooked for, i love it :)

1 comment: