February 7, 2011

Food heaven continued

Guys, if I was a gambler.. I'd be on some hell of a winning streak right now! I have had win after win after win in terms of meals lately. Ok, so the last post showed you my dinner on Friday yeah? Mega win. Now I'm gonna show you a bit more of my food exploration on Saturday. So Josh and I slept in until midday, as you do, and then went out around 2 o'clock for some breakfast... lunch... dunch... i guess you'd call it. We went to the Green Refectory cafe on Sydney Rd, Brunswick - more affectionately known as illy. I'm sure I've explained this before - it's the coffee cup brand or something but the illy advertisement sign is bigger than the cafe's sign. Anyway I didn't feel like eggs, so I got some lunch stuff. I thought everything would be small portions so of course I ordered way too much, but it's cheap so it didn't matter! I got a lamb, coriander and pine nut parcel and a trio of salads. Beetroot, lentil and coriander, and rice with cranberries. It was all A+ standard :) 


Then later we hit up the supermarkets to buy some provisions for a light dinner - basic pizzas. I picked up fruit 4 of 5 - RAMBUTAN! Looks a little weather beaten - but I think it adds to the character...



Then we discovered how much fun you can have with the shell...






Quite a bit actually. The taste was very similar to Lychee I thought, and so was the texture and shell etc. Perhaps I should have researched some fruits before buying willy nilly. Looks like i ate two fruits from the same family or something. Man their parents are gonna be pissed at me. Awkward. 

Oh yeah, I have been meaning to post this for a few days now! Here are the paintings I made for Maki and Mel's birthdays! Mel got Marilyn and Maki got Morrisey. Haha, all M's....


I think they are pretty good. For an amateur of course :P Back to food heaven, I also had a big home-made Japanese feast last night with Miso soup, bento boxes with Japanese curry, yakitori, grilled tofu, salad, tuna etc etc. MMMMM! Then I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's with everyone, and I really liked it! A bit long, and sooo different to the book - i think I like the message behind the book better - the movie totally defeated what Capote was trying to say by changing the end. Funny. Poor Capote.

Today I ate left over japanese bento, and tonight I'll be going out to Lygon Street for dinner and a movie with my boys (Josh, brothers and dad). Coooooooooooooooool! I think we're seeing True Grit :D wee-hoo!

1 comment: