December 14, 2009

ooh la la

yo yo yo! well it's Monday morning again, and despite being so well rested and having a relaxing weekend i still feel like i am asleep and a little bit dead. how i wish i could post up cool pics of things i have been doing in my life lately, how i wish it so. I have in fact PARTED with my beloved camera for the next week, as Josh has gone on a sailing trip and wanted to document it. Part of me is glad that my camera (not yet named) can now travel to waters unchartered by myself and see lots of new things, which I can then see when they (josh and my camera) get back. The other part of me feels like i have just handed over my child to a crack head for a weeks babysitting. What happens now if i cook something that looks amazing, or see a funny looking person on the street...? Shall i whip out my notepad and sketch it!? Fuck.

Anyway I have a feeling that this week while Josh is away I will be mostly jealous. This is the story... Josh's uncle is a race caller here in Victoria, and apparently is very highly regarded by that racing circle. He has been doing it for like 25-30 years and he actually calls the Melbourne cup every single year! Pretty cool. In fact about 2 minutes ago I went into Google Images and typed "Greg Miles" and was taken aback by all of the pictures and articles on him. I only know him from family parties and Christmases. Weiiiiird. ANYWAY. He lives in Williamstown in this big beautiful house and recently bought a big 40ft yacht - the type with bedrooms and kitchen and stuff! The only thing is that it was in sunny Queensland and they had to bring it down.

So the plan was for him and his son and some skipper guy to fly to QLD and bring it to Sydney where Josh and his dad would join them and then all bring it back to Williamstown. The QLD crew got held up by the weather for about a week in total, so Josh was anxiously sitting around waiting to get the call that they were approaching Sydney so that he could fly up in time. He and his dad almost decided not to go as they would run out of annual leave, and possibly get a little too close to xmas. BUT then all of a sudden i was driving them to the airport yesterday morning, and i just got a message now saying they have set sail. SO JEALOUS! The only consolation is that they went out to King's Cross last night and got plastered, so they are all hungover and sitting on a rocking boat. LOL. Anyway Josh said he will do a guest post on here with all of his pics and a story. Should be OREsome. haha.

Anyway as i can't take pictures, here is what i have on my mind at the moment....


if i could somehow cut and paste these ideas into my new house, all would be well. I have been looking at Brabourne Farm blog, and my god... i am killing myself. Not only am i despreately broke at the moment (I blame Christmas) I am making it worse by RUBBING MONETARY SALT INTO MY OPEN WOUNDS! i want a blue bedroom though, seriously. But by the time May rolls around and i move in, i will probably want a japanese stlye room. haha. fickle as a pickle.

Also i have found a cool blog that details how to whitewash/shabby chic up old furniture. I am totally keen to do this on all the furniture. haha. not even joking. but for now i just have to focus on getting Christmas presents organised, my xmas party costume ready, my new years eve costume ready, and yeah just stay cool - like it's hard, pffffft.

No comments:

Post a Comment